BOAZ pharmaceuticals Inc, a Health Canada Licensed Medical Cannabis Producer/Processor located in Calgary, AB, is recruiting for an Extraction Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, researching and developing extraction methodologies of various cannabis products in accordance with regulatory standards. They will also supervise lab technicians and manage all lab facilities. This position will report directly to the President and will work in a collaborative environment with Quality Assurance and our Production team.
- Responsible for all Extraction operations, including the safety, production, quality, and performance of the department.
- The extraction team is responsible for preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction, operating extraction equipment and handling extraction gases, cleaning and maintenance of lab and extraction equipment, maintaining records of product and inventory
- Responsible for all calibration, qualification, and maintenance of equipment involved in cannabis oil production.
- Maintain batch production records in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Supervise and oversee lab technicians and assist in creating appropriate records, labels, and documentation of all products as per regulatory standards.
- Maintain strict inventory control over starting materials, intermediates and finished product.
- Ensure continued compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
- Create a working environment within the Extraction team that enhances employee performance and retention
- Maintain production records and track key metrics, regularly report findings to management
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual report forecasts as required.
- Provide orientation and training to ensure an effective and efficient team
- Ensure that a safe working environment is always maintained, by enforcing Company standards and completing regular inspections of department
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Health and Safety an instills a sense of urgency around compliance
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years Scientific/Botanical extraction experience is required.
- BSc in Chemistry or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands-on laboratory experience with decarboxylation, winterization and short path distillation/fractional distillation
- Experience with oil post-processing techniques, winterization, separation isolation, and product refinement
- The ideal candidate has expertise in subcritical and supercritical CO2 extraction methods as well as the purification, separation, and isolation of various compounds of cannabis
- Proven ability to manage, encourage, and adopt effective communication practices
- Ability to act as a strong leader and effectively integrate into fast-paced and high-pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in GLP, GMP, ISO 9001 or ISO 17025 environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Able to supply clear Criminal Record Check and enhanced security clearance as required by the Cannabis Act as required
Job Type: Full-time
- Extraction: 5 years (Required)
- GLP, GMP, ISO 9001 or ISO 17025: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- 4435 90th Avenue Southeast, Calgary